Friday, January 14, 2011

Ginger Swordfish


I created this a while ago. It was a recipe I found at the meat counter of my grocery store. I think it called for alcohol so I tweaked it and it turned out wonderful! I actually don't think I've used swordfish but I saved the name because it sounds fancy.


Ginger Swordfish

1½ TBS of Olive Oil
3 TBS Soy Sauce
3 TBS Orange Juice
1 TBS fresh grated Gingerroot
2 Garlic Cloves minced
4 (4 oz) Swordfish Steaks, 1" thick (I've used other white meat type fish)

Combine oil, soy sauce, orange juice, gingerroot and garlic. Add swordfish steaks and coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate in marinade for several hours. If you are in a rush, skip the marinading time and follow the directions for baking in the oven. It is still extremely good.

Oven: Place fish in a baking pan and cover with marinade. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Grill: Place steaks on oiled grill basket 5" from medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes, turning over once or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with lemon slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment